Sunday, August 24, 2008

Kurobuta

Our NTUC is certainly getting more up market nowadays. They now have 2 Supermarket (called Fairprice Finest)that stocks gourmet food, one at Bukit Timah Plaza and the other Thomson Plaza. Culina branches are also located inside these 2 supermarket too.

Bought a small piece of Aussie Kurobuta ((Black Berkshire Pig) to sample, cost about $4.50 which was pretty affordable for me. I first tasted Kurobuta when I was traveling around Kyushu, the taste & aroma was simply divine.


Season with only black pepper and Himalayan pink salt


Taste good though still not quite as good as those I had in Kyushu which are more tender which melt-in-your-mouth kind of fats. Hmm ... I wonder how they done that, perhaps I should slow cook at lower temperature? Whatever, going to buy more to indulge soon ;)

= THE END =

2 comments:

Old Beng said...

Your last pic really makes me drool......

FML said...

~old beng,
they are really more delicious than normal pork we got.