Thursday, July 31, 2008

Dreams & Goals

Was chatting with a friend recently, and topic of setting goals & achieving dreams pops up. I was lamenting how long it was before I could fulfill my dreams & Goals, but my friend's comments sort of enlighten me in another different way

ME: Arghhhh ... wonder how long I need to work before I can achieve my dreams!

FRIEND: Aiyah, Dreams without action will forever remains as dreams.

ME: But so troublesome & lazy to action leh

FRIEND: My friend, you have to start planning your steps & actions to actualize your dreams lah. No action, no dreams fulfilled.

ME: Soooo troublesome hmmm ... but what if I don't have dreams? That's means I don't need to headache over planning right?

FRIEND: ........ Well, I guess that right

ME: Thanks for your fantastic idea! I think I just ditch my dreams in the dustbin so that I can do away with all those troublesome planning, goals setting etc. Living in the present, one day at time is not a bad idea too! No dreams, no goals, no headache hahahahaha

FRIEND: erhhh ... but I think you should still ... *interrupted*

ME: Brillant! Simply brilliant! Life is too short to waste on dreams & goal setting shit, C'est La Vie!

FRIEND: -_-;;; ...............

= THE END =

7 comments:

Mableinsingapore said...

Que sera sera, whatever will be, will be...

FML said...

Eurythmics - Sweet Dreams Lyrics
................................
Sweet dreams are made of this
Who am I to disagree?
Travel the world and the seven seas
Everybody's looking for something
Some of them want to use you
Some of them want to get used by you
Some of them want to abuse you
Some of them want to be abused
:
................................
Many are constantly in search of fulfillment & desires/dreams that motivates. while it's good to have them, most of our dreams have, unfortunately, being bastardized by constant influx of greed, selfishness of this modern & sick world.

Mableinsingapore said...

"Heal the world
make it a better place
for you and for me and the
entire human race..." Michael Jackson, not that I am a fan but I like how he counters ugliness with faith and belief that there is goodness still amidst all the greed and filth and goodness has to come from within us. The world may be sick. However, sometimes we can choose not to be infected or be affected and stay on the track of our dreams. Easier said than done at times ;-) At least if we have dreams we will be less likely to be led astray.

FML said...

so why he tries so hard to turn from black to white? faith, goodness, belief? imho, just sham

dreams are just dreams, hopes are still hopes until you actioned on them.

so don't dream & hope, JUST DO IT!

Mableinsingapore said...

I believe he had a dream...and then he acted on it:) I wasn't thinking about him, just the lyrics of the song.I forgot he turned from black to white. Que sera sera...the future's not ours to see, que sera sera, still makes good sense

FML said...

~Mable, I think he had woke up from a bad dream!

Yeah, his songs lyrics are good, what a pity!

I try not to think of future, just live in present! ;)

Mableinsingapore said...

Haha, or a dream gone bad...have a good weekend!