Monday, July 21, 2008

Wakashachiya Curry Udon

Wakashachiya Curry Udon
6 Eu Tong Sen Street
#03-93/95 The Central @ Clarke Quay
Tel: 6534 9984

Well, Wakashachiya is nothing new if you been following the Singaopore food scene. Unfortunately, I haven't been tracking them for a long time, I spent more time tracking stocks & indices instead LOLz

The CENTRAL is one of the many shopping malls that I have never ever step into yet. The rain finally made me rush into the mall for cover. And I was surprised to see a Japanese cuisine paradise right inside.

I picked Wakashachiya because I missed Japanese style curry rice/udon, however, I ended up with Hitsu Mabushi (Grilled Eel) instead @ $18++

Their food presentation really got me excited! The unagi is already enough to make me drool.


The set comes with condiments (seaweed strips, spring onions & wasabi) & bonita stock. It even comes with instructions on various way to enjoy the meal. I followed out of curiosity.


The first, by far the most usual method I had with Unagi - simply with rice. textures were soft & delectable. However, I would prefer a bit of crisp on the grilled skin


Second way merely adds condiments. I knew some people aren't fond of unagi strong taste/smell (though I found it heavenly). The condiments, especially the wasabi, seems to help mellows it down. Of cause, you better make sure you can handle wasabi in the first place. My trick was to breathe only through the mouth while having wasabi.


Third, added conditments as well as Bonita stock. Bonita stock itself light & pleasant with rice. However, it sort of wash down the unagi, I would make sure the eel don't touch anything wet next time.


All in all, I enjoyed Hitsu Mabushi (Grilled Eel). Services is fast & friendly though the place is kinda small, but it's comfortable enough. Will surely return to try their curries one of these days.

No comments: