Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Chow Time!

Tucked in the HDB heartland Kopitiam in Ghim Moh, Western Chow cooks up Hainanese style Western food that were once served to British Colonial Masters of yesteryears.

I have a go at their Hainanese style beef stew. At $6, I do think it's a steal! Gravy was delectable & vegetables wonderfully done.


More importantly, the stewed beef are incredibly tender, just look at those teeth marks of mine!
I surely be back for more favorites like Hainanese Pork chops, Ox-Tail Stew etc soon!

ADDRESSES
Blk 134 Lorong Ah Soo
#01-454
Singapore 530134
http://www.westernchow.com/html/main/maplorongahsoo.html

Blk 19 Ghim Moh Road,
#01-229
Singapore 270019
Closed on Every Tuesday.
http://www.westernchow.com/html/main/mapghimmoh.html


View Larger Map

4 comments:

Old Beng said...

I used to stay in Ghim Moh (for more than 10 years), guess this is a new stall.

FML said...

Macdonald used to be there. There is a crab king over there too, must try someday

Old Beng said...

The next time you are eating crab there, call me and I will bring bread down.

FML said...

huh? are you still staying there? wah bring bread down to eat crabs ... you good leh LOLz