Monday, April 14, 2008

Remembering Songkran

I was in Bangkok for Songkran during 2006. Fun time though I must say, it's really too wild & too HOT (i.e the weather) for me.

This Year, Songkran falls on 12 – 15 April 2008. Yes, it's happening right now. More info in the following link
Songkran.Net

Though I will won't miss the truly mad water battles, I sorely missed the Khao Chae (Rice in cold Jasmine scented water, served with various delectable condiments) that are only available during summer.

The web link shows the official performance during Songkran with Grand Palace in the background. For the unofficial water battles, check out my slideshow :)

4 comments:

Mableinsingapore said...

Great shots of the water festival. You really captured the essence of what Songkran is all about.

FML said...

~Mable, Thanks! Well actually those are not the proper Songkran. Songkran is really a more formal ceremony then just splashing water around :)

imp said...

heh. you just made me want to clear a long weekend to go up to bkk to eat. :)

i can't make it for songkran already. but i can make it an eating and watching-plays trip!

FML said...

~imp, bkk always great for a short getaway. my friend just got back, but he has been complaining about the hot weather and why the woman folks won't stop shopping lolz