Monday, April 28, 2008

Early Autumn Mitake


A mere mention of Japan, and it's not uncommon to see people starting to conjure up images of cosmopolitan city of Tokyo.

But I'm not a city person. Nested deep inside is a really simple, down-to-earth person, longing to be at peace with nature.

Tokyo? Don't really interest me anymore, fortunately, while attempting to get away from all these modern madness, serendipity found me.

About 2 hours away to the west of Tokyo (via JR Ome Line) lies the mountainous region of Okutama (奥多摩).


Being early in the autumn, when splendid fall colors are still asleep, these wonderful wild mushroom harvests begin showing up at make-shift stall. I haven't done a mushroom hunting myself as yet, hopefully I will have some opportunity in the near future.


Beautiful Tama river(多摩川) still flowing with torrents of icy cold water from the mountains.


Further up the Tama River (多摩川), families were having fun fishing out river trouts.


These poor thing will end up as lovely BBQ lunch for these happy families. Sprinkle some salt, perhaps a few branches of herbs like rosemary ~ marvelous! What a wonderful, lazy life I'm longing to be with.


But I am not with family nor equipped with fishing gear for battles with these lovely fishes. So I would buy a piece here to satiate all my needs.


Oh, did I mention Mitake(御岳)? Mount Mitake(御岳山) is one of the attractions in Okutama(奥多摩), but I'm fully mesmerize by the surrounding that's tantalizing all my sensory. I never made it to Mount Mitake hahahaha ...

Alright, I do Mount Mitake next time I'm here again .. heh!

View Larger Map

No comments: