Sunday, April 20, 2008

Tanglin Halt Chicken Biryani

Queues don't lie, this is especially true when comes to food. And so, when I chanced upon a queue at Blk 49 Tanglin Halt Rd, Peking Room Kopitiam, I wasted no time to join the queue.


Surprising, Peking Room Kopitiam don't sells Peking food, not even typical china food. There's a chinese porridge & malay food stall which was closed when I was there for lunch.

Tanglin Halt Roti Prata was named so probably because they sell Roti Prata in the morning (One of Singaporeans' favourite breakfast & supper).By noon, they also sells Biryani for the lunch crowds.

When the plate of Chicken Biryani arrives, it sure doesn't looks so appetizing. I took my first bite anyway and pleasantly surprised at the soft textured rice. It reminds me fondly of Bario Rice (Highland rice that are only grown in Kelapit Highlands@Borneo) which I bought from Kuching last year.

Another bite at the chicken showed up another surprise - it's very tender and it would seems like the meat fibers have been shredded internally, though it still looked as complete outside. These tastes wonderful!

Curry is fine, flavorsome but bit tone down for my palate. Overall, I enjoyed this Biryani and will be glad to be back for more.

WHERE: Peking Room, Blk 49 Tanglin Halt Rd


View Larger Map

No comments: