Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Lazy Food#1 - Pâté Sandwich


This got to be one of the easiest & satisfying meal to assemble up when you need a quick bite.

Although this Pâté may not be easy, you can certainly get them pretty easily from supermarket here (Singapore). Otherwise a can of China Mailing brand Luncheon Meat would do just fine for me as well. Add some salad greens like baby spinach, or lettuce, batavia or my favorite, the Rocket(Arugula), but I'm always kinda slow when it comes to shopping ... they sells out pretty fast grrrrrrrr.....

Sometimes, when I'm in the mood, I would love slices of red onions, dash of Vietnamese nước mắm (Fish sauce) & bit Chili padi to up the Scoville scale for a little more kick!

Usually baguette (prefer Vietnamese type) is the way to go. But during rush hour, I would grab whatever staple that's available.

Happy Labor Day!

===The End===

4 comments:

Old Beng said...

Lim peh love Luncheon Meat but my cha-bo-lang doesn't allow me to eat.

FML said...

your cha-bo-lang is just concern about your health lah. these luncheon, ham & even my pate contains a certain amount of sodium nitrite as preservative, color enhancer, flavoring.

the sodium nitrite is suspected to turn cancerous when mixed with stomach acids.

don't eat these often, so i think that's fine. I always believe in balanced lifestyle ~ water, meat, veggies, fruits & being more active.

imp said...

I LOVE LUNCHEON MEAT with bread> don't say that word. i still cannot find ma ling on the shelves. ugh.

FML said...

Sorry, shouldn't have mention that word.

if you keep going those gourmet shops, I afraid you not going to find any ;P